Friday, April 19, 2013

The Court Alchemist


"The Court Alchemist" 4" x 4" Acrylic on illustration Board


It's always nice to have someone commission you for some fun art that's left almost entirely up to your purview. Many moons ago I painted this little gem, and gave it to a friend.  Recently she wanted to make the single painting in to a triptych, so I created this mini painting to go along side my original.  I also have one more that I'll post later.



These are always fun to do, I love little paintings and fun illustrations, this was both, so naturally I was entertained. I do hate how scans always murder my originals. I used a gel pen for the intricate design on his coat and it came out white in this image. In the original its actually a bright opalescent yellow.  But, hey that's the cost of doing things the traditional way.
  Before and After of "The Court Alchemist" 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...